Experienced. Dedicated. Aggressive. We Are Dedicated to Helping Clients in Their Time of Need

Woodland Hills Attorneys for Denied Workers’ Comp Claims

What Should You Do if Your Workers’ Comp Claim is Denied?

If you have received a notice that your Workers' Compensation claim has been denied, you are not alone. Thousands of claims are wrongfully denied every year, even for valid injuries. It is important that you speak with an attorney about possibly appealing your claim. Whether your denial was for a technicality or insufficient evidence, do not give up. Our Woodland Hills workers' compensation legal team can fight for you.

We can review your denial letter, the stated reason for denial, and help you navigate the often intricate appeals process from start to finish. There are important deadlines that you must take note of, so we recommend that you take action immediately.

Contact The Law Offices of Gary Rodich today! Call (818) 403-3737 or email us. It does not cost you a penny to call us to discuss your claim.

Common Reasons Workers' Comp Claims Are Denied

  • You waited too long to file. The law requires that you report claims immediately, otherwise it can be easier for your employer to dispute that the injury even happened at work.
  • Not enough medical evidence. You must provide medical documentation that shows the severity of your injury by a qualified doctor.
  • Did not receive medical treatment. Once you see a doctor, you must continue to receive the treatment in order to show the necessity of benefits.

Tips for Filing Workers' Compensation Claims

One of the best ways to approach your claim is with the help of a Workers' Compensation attorney. Your attorney can help you prepare the paperwork and counsel you throughout your medical treatment to ensure that all rules are followed.

When filing for Workers' Compensation, remember to:

  • Notify your employer immediately
  • Fill out all forms completely
  • Follow your treating physician's instructions closely
  • Keep all records of expenses for treatment
  • Contact an attorney for help

If your claim has been denied, call our office at (818) 403-3737 and discuss the possibility of appealing your claim.

Related Reading: