Woodland Hills Hospital Workers Injury Attorney
Helping Hospital Employees with Their Workers’ Comp Claims in California
Most of us think of hospitals as the places where we go to get our injuries fixed and not as places where injuries occur. However, working in a hospital can be one of the most hazardous occupations in the country. In fact, hospitals now report more occupational and illness injuries than occupations like construction and manufacturing.
When a person working at a hospital suffers an injury while performing job-related duties, they are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, obtaining these benefits can be a difficult task, which is why you should seek an attorney who has experience handling workers’ comp cases for healthcare workers.
At Rodich Law, we are dedicated to helping workers get the help and financial compensation that they need to recover from their injuries and get back into the workforce. Our team of lawyers has been protecting the rights of workers across all occupations for over a combined 50 years. We have the skills, resources, and experience that you need to file a successful workers’ comp claim.
Call (818) 403-3737 to get started on your case today with our hospital workers' injury lawyer in Woodland Hills!
Common Causes of Injuries for Hospital Workers
While hospital workers perform and provide some of the most important jobs and services that we need, the work that they do can be physically demanding and takes a toll on their bodies. Hospital workers can suffer an injury from numerous things that they encounter while performing their job duties.
Common causes of injuries to hospital workers include:
- Overexertion & Repetitive Stress
- Handling Needles
- Patient Handling Activities
- Slips & Falls
Common Injuries For Hospital Workers
There are many injuries that are frequently sustained by people who work in hospitals, such as:
- Sprains & Strains
- Slipped Discs
- Bloodborne Infectious Diseases
- Broken Bones
- Head Injuries
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Hospital Workers Injury Claim?
When pursuing a hospital workers' injury claim, the damages sought can encompass a variety of losses incurred by the injured party. Potential damages that could be recovered may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital workers may be eligible to recover the costs connected with medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and other necessary healthcare services.
- Lost Wages and Income: Injuries sustained on the job can result in lost wages due to time away from work. Compensation may cover past and future lost income, ensuring financial stability during recovery.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical injuries can result in significant pain and suffering. Compensation may be sought for the emotional and physical distress endured as a result of the injury.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Hospital workers may require rehabilitation or therapy to regain functionality and resume their duties. Damages can include the costs associated with these necessary services.
- Disability and Impairment: In cases where injuries result in long-term disability or impairment, compensation may be pursued to address the ongoing challenges faced by the injured party.
- Punitive Damages: In situations involving egregious negligence or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded to penalize the responsible party and prevent similar behavior in the future.
Contact Our Woodland Hills Hospital Workers Injury Lawyer Today
If you are a hospital worker who has been injured while doing your job, you should immediately consult with our attorneys. We can review your case help you file your workers’ compensation claim, and resolve any disputes that might arise. Our legal team is familiar with all sorts of workers comp cases, which means we know the types of evidence that need to be gathered in order to build you a strong case. Let us help you obtain the compensation that you deserve for your injury.
Contact our Woodland Hills hospital workers' injury attorney to set up your free consultation today. You don’t pay unless we win!